Current Job Openings
Designers are foundational to creating CMG’s design exploration and communication. We are seeking an energetic and passionate designer who will:
- Utilize excellent graphic, design, and problem-solving skills to produce presentations, design studies, and project documentation through multiple phases and project types.
- Explore conceptual ideas and dive into technical details from schematic design through construction documentation.
- Investigate topics like participatory design, ecological analysis, adaptation or other subjects pertinent to our projects and profession.
- Be motivated to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues both within CMG and with our project partners.
- Take an active role building workplace culture, and institutional knowledge through sharing of ideas and information
Experience + Skills
You love exploring the possibilities of the built environment and are hungry for what comes next – taking things in and starting to glean what it means to bring an idea to life. You bring the following experience and skills with you:
- A degree in landscape architecture, architecture, or a related field.
- Approximately 0-5 years professional experience practicing landscape architecture or architecture.
- Experience in developing design communication and documentation.
- Ability to manage digital design tools and workflows. Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, Rhino.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit and/or GIS strongly preferred.
- Located in the San Francisco Bay Area region with ability to work in our studio on a weekly basis.
- You take initiative and responsibility for accuracy in your work, manage yourself with humility, and are willing to ask for help when needed.
- Self-direction – you enjoy taking on independent initiatives and diving into design studies, graphics, and documentation.
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
The annual salary range for this position is $65,000-$82,500.
How to Apply
CMG Landscape Architecture is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate differences. We are committed to maintaining a high level of design and quality of life within our firm to attract and retain a wide array of employees whose diverse perspectives will be reflective of the world at large.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following materials in one single PDF. Links will not be considered.
- Cover letter – no more than 500 words
- Portfolio of design work – include clear descriptions of your role and responsibilities on each project
- References – at least two.
- Submit a single PDF combining all the materials above. 15MB maximum.
- Links will not be considered.