Current Job Openings
Designers are foundational to creating CMG’s design exploration and communication. We are seeking an energetic and passionate designer who will:
- Utilize excellent graphic, design, and problem-solving skills to produce presentations, design studies, and project documentation through multiple phases and project types.
- Explore conceptual ideas and dive into technical details from schematic design through construction documentation.
- Investigate topics like participatory design, ecological analysis, adaptation, or other subjects pertinent to our projects and profession.
- Be motivated to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues both within CMG and with our project partners.
- Take an active role building workplace culture, and institutional knowledge through sharing of ideas and information.
Experience + Skills
You love exploring the possibilities of the built environment and are hungry for what comes next – taking things in and starting to glean what it means to bring an idea to life. You bring the following experience and skills with you:
- A degree in landscape architecture, architecture, or a related field.
- Approximately 0-5 years professional experience practicing landscape architecture or architecture.
- Experience in developing design communication and documentation.
- Ability to manage digital design tools and workflows. Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, Rhino.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit and/or GIS strongly preferred.
- Located in the San Francisco Bay Area region with ability to work in our studio on a weekly basis.
- You take initiative and responsibility for accuracy in your work, manage yourself with humility, and are willing to ask for help when needed.
- Self-direction – you enjoy taking on independent initiatives and diving into design studies, graphics, and documentation.
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The annual salary range for this position is $65,000 – $82,500.
How to Apply
CMG Landscape Architecture is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate differences. We are committed to maintaining a high level of design and quality of life within our firm to attract and retain a wide array of employees whose diverse perspectives will be reflective of the world at large.
To be considered for a position, please upload the following materials in one single PDF at the following links.
- Cover letter – no more than 500 words.
- Portfolio of design work – include clear descriptions of your role and responsibilities on each project.
- References – at least two.
- Submit a single PDF combining all the materials above. 15MB maximum.
- Links will not be considered.