Current Job Openings
Technical Design Leader
Technical Design Leaders play a critical role in orchestrating the realization of CMG’s mission and design ideas within the built environment. We are seeking a versatile leader with a passion for technical design and construction observation.
Project Roles: This position will include leadership of technical design, documentation, and QA/QC of complex projects at a range of scales. You will also lead construction observation, from bid review to final completion.
Leadership: You will help expand project documentation standards and provide high-level guidance of technical project development across the practice by collaborating with others in CMG’s internal Construction Resource team. The split between technical design leadership, QA/QC, and construction observation will vary over time based on practice and project needs.
Experience + Skills
You love design and figuring out how to make things. Constructability and collaboration drive your approach to project work. You bring the following experience and skills with you:
- A degree in landscape architecture, architecture, construction management or a related field.
- Licensure in landscape architecture is strongly encouraged, but not required.
- Approximately 8+ years professional experience practicing landscape architecture.
- Technical design leadership of complex projects similar in scope and scale to CMG’s portfolio.
- Leading and coordinating project documentation, QA/QC, and construction observation, with a rounded approach encompassing landscape systems, code, constructability, and cost analysis.
- Leading and teaching teams to integrate constructability issues and best practices into workflows.
- Working with regulatory agencies to plan and permit projects.
- Overall project planning including fee management, work plans, and team leadership preferred.
- Located in the San Francisco Bay Area region with ability to travel as required to oversee projects.
- You take initiative and responsibility for your work, manage yourself with humility, and are willing to ask for help when needed.
- You are equally attentive to big picture project planning as you are to the details
- You celebrate the input of others and know dialogue is critical to design rigor both in the studio and the field.
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- You recognize the importance of learning and mentorship and are inspired to share your experience and knowledge.
- You are nimble at realizing project goals while gracefully negotiating relationships.
How to Apply
To be considered for a position, please upload the following materials in one single PDF at application link below.
- Cover letter – no more than 500 words.
- Portfolio of design work – include clear descriptions of your role and responsibilities on each project.
- References – at least two.
- Submit a single PDF combining all the materials above. 15MB maximum.
- Links will not be considered.